Welcome!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Testimony

My name is Judy Webster and I live in the Binghamton, NY area.  I grew up in Groton, New York, which is about an hour's drive northwest of Binghamton.  I have a family heritage of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ from both sides of my family.  I grew up attending church where we celebrated Jesus Christ's birth and memorialized His death, but I never knew why He became a human being or why He died on a cross.  It wasn't until a friend of mine in grade school, Sue, invited me to Christian Camp that I first understood why He was born and why He died such an awful death, and it was there that I gave my heart to Him.  However, I kept attending my parents' church, and never really grew in my faith.  When I was 22 years old, I was living in a small apartment in Groton and Mr. Billy Graham was on the television talking about a "mugwump" or a fence sitter.  He said this is a person who has one foot in the world and one foot in Heaven (wanting to have their cake and eat it, too), and Mr. Graham said that we can't have it that way.  The Bible says that we must choose one or the other, and that day, sometime in March/April 1982, I asked the Lord Jesus to be my Savior.  I then went on to attend Word of Life Bible Institute (1983/1984) where I graduated with a one year Bible diploma.  I have been learning, growing in the knowledge of my Lord, and entering into a closer relationship with Him ever since.  (Now please click on the "Plan of Salvation" blog in the Blog Archive Section)

No comments: